Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Capitola Unplugged

Hiya Banter babies.

Well, it's been crazy 'round RL the past few weeks. Remember that employee buy-out I crowed about in October/November? The one where I was gonna get to boss people around and double my paycheck? Kapoot. Over. Finished. Fucked. Why? My boss, the owner who was mentoring us in and him out, died.

Mr. B went from not feeling well, to being hospitalized, to dying, in four short weeks. Thus, no grand changing of the guards, no financial security, just condolences, a funeral, a last paycheck, hello unemployment. Merry fucking Christmas.

So what does a girl do when faced with impending debtdoom? Save, scrape, conserve every dime? Oh, hell no. She buys a new car! Whoohooo! Got me a silver 323ic BMW, and friends, let me tell you, it is smokin' hot. And I look gooooooood in it. Me me me me. It's all about me. Desperate times call for unrestrained spending. So there.

My resume hit the Architectural offices within a forty mile radius of my house, thrown from a plane in a well-coordinated spam -- I gotta eat in January! And then there's this nasty business of appeasing my mortgage lender.... but fuck it today, today I'm snackin' on condelence See's Candy, running errands, spending like I have a job... or a savings account that wasn't wiped clean by Roseville BMW, and awaiting Rove's indictment, because, sing it with me... it's beginning to look a lot like Fitzmas, la la la la la.

3 Comments:

At 6:59 PM, Blogger tas said...

Jesus. Glad to see you back and to hear that you haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, but that whole story sounds like a bummer. (Except for the purchase of the Beamer, of course. THough if I had the balls to go into lots of debt over an automobile, I'd purchuse a Prius. I guess this only goes to show that I'm incredibly cheap and always thinking about the environment, even when dreaming about the frills.) Anyways, I hope you're able to find work soon. I found some... I'm a waiter now! NIght job to get me through school. But since associates and bachelors degrees aren't worth shit anymore, I imagine that I'll be waiting tables all the way through grad school. I hope I like the new profession I'm trying to get used to.

But you have a career, so you should have better luck finding a job. :)

 
At 9:47 AM, Blogger Capitola said...

Hi Tas--

Thanks for checking in and wishing me well.

Yeah, I'm fond of the Beemers. It's the only kind of car I've owned, my first handed down from my parents. Plus, my new car isn't really new. It's used, a 2001, but they run forever so it's new to me. A prius? Man, if I could afford THAT! Even the stipped bare version costs bank. Way more than I paid for my 323.

Thanks too for the work well wishes. Gawd. It's been years since I've had to look for a job, interview, etc. It's scary out there! The few interviews I've had have been like going before the Spanish Inquisition. Sucks!

Congrats on working your way through school. You rock! More than most people can do. No doubt your friends and folks are proud of you. Speaking of proud, be proud of those degrees you earn. Believe it, they're worth a lot. You'll always have the edge over workerbees who aren't college credited, even those with years' work experience.

Hope your holidays are relaxing and filled with good food, good friends, and good cheer.

All best to your and yours.

 
At 7:16 AM, Blogger Jeff Huber said...

Cap,

I'm so sorry to hear about your old boss, and the company going south.

But congrats on the Beemer, and on the great new job you're destined to land soon!

Jeff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home