Thursday, September 01, 2005

UnFuckingBelievable

I'm spent, Dear Reader. My bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm heading where the days are long and the Margaritas strong. Viva Mexico.

When my anger reaches fever pitch, when I find myself at a loss for words because the sheer unfuckingbelievabilty of current events is too much to process, when I feel like B, buried alive, fists punching through a plywood casket to claw and scrape my way out of a suffocating nightmare, it's time to check out of the US, log off, drink liberally, and regroup before I go postal.

What made me book a flight? Bush's appearance today on GMA. From Echidneofthesnakes:

"I don't think anyone anticipated the breach of the levees."

And Diane Sawyer let him get away with it. That bitch let him lie, right to her face. Even as people, innocent children! are dying.

The Editorialists at the NYT are Waiting for a Leader. The Editorialists around the US have awakened to the failure of leadership -- the US is a leaderless nation -- and unless some elected official -- hello? any Democrat out there have a spine?! -- steps up to save us, We the People will continue to be stepped on and stepped over by a remorseless, unaccountable Bush Administration.

Blonde nod to the sweaty hunk for Echidneofthesnakes' post.

I'll be reading my favorite blogs here and here and here and all along the sidebar, from the computer area on the first floor of the Hotel la Posada Freeman, playa sul, Mazatlan. Thanks for keeping up the good fight.

See ya in two weeks.

Peace, out.

4 Comments:

At 10:46 AM, Blogger Jeff Huber said...

Vacation well.

Hopefully, we'll have everything fixed by the time you get back. ;-)

Jeff

 
At 11:12 AM, Blogger Capitola said...

no! no, please don't call it a vacation. times are too grave for that. for me, it's either step away from the keyboard or lose my mind. seriously.

I just clicked over to Eschaton and Atrios is giving the play by play of the death and misery at the Superdome ... my god, Jeff, what has happened to our country?

who will save them?

who will save this once great nation?

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger enigma4ever said...

I agree "vacation" is a dirty word thanks to President Chickenshit- just say you are heading south to study refugee hydration issues- sounds pretty respectable- eh?.....blog when you return- hopefully we''ll still be here- maybe in pieces...( come to http://watergatesummer.blogspot.com )
muchas garcias.....

 
At 4:48 AM, Blogger Poor_Statue said...

I'm horrified, too.

I wonder how this could have happened.

I hope your trip renews your strength and spirit.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home