Monday, September 26, 2005

Times Like These

So this week I've gone from employee working stiff to organizer of an employee buy-out of the company that has employed me these past five years -- a fuck of a week of sleepless nights and endless days of number crunching, negotiations, round and round and round and round and this afternoon, over a power lunch that ended with all parties STILL not in agreement and time running short and people's patience even shorter, I leave the restaurant without my purse.

Without my purse that has my ID.
Without my purse that has my ATM card.
Without my purse that has my credit cards.
Without my purse that has my car keys.
Without my purse that has my HOUSE keys.

FUCK!

I don't realize this disaster until it's time to go home, an hour and a half after the restaurant had closed.

FUCK! FUCK!

I get my mom to pick me up and get me in my house since she has a spare key, tracking her down a nightmare on top of my unfolding nightmare ... I get home.... no wine.

FUCK! FUCK! FUCK!

The restaurant opens at 6a.m. It's a breakfast/lunch place. Will know by 6:05a.m.ish if all will be well or if the pain continues ... dmv for new license... cancel credit cards... order new atm card....keys...

Wish me luck.

4 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Blogger tas said...

Good luck on finding it. And if anybody stole it or took something from it, just let me know and I'll beat the shit out of them.

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Marked Hoosier said...

Good luck, and keep your head up! I am with tas, I will hold the bat :D

 
At 7:53 AM, Blogger Capitola said...

Thank you both. The Gawds did indeed smile down on me and all is well.

Yay!!!!!!

As for work, well, I'll either be a part of something that could be great, OR I'll be unemployed with a mortgage payment due on the 1st.
Oh well. One mustn't be greedy with Luck. Time will tell.

You guys are the bestest.

Now, on with the Bush bashing!

 
At 5:22 AM, Blogger tom naka said...

Hey, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you! I have a restaurant minneapolis site/blog. It pretty much covers restaurant minneapolis related stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home