Friday, August 26, 2005

What He Said

It's not often I'm pleasantly surprised -- not lately anyway, what with the lowest George W. Bush still occupying this country's highest office -- but today, today, glory be today!, I read something that surprised me indeed -- surprised me not shocked me, surprised me in that sit-up-and-take-notice kind of way, that internal jolt of inspiration that makes you say Yes! every voice counts, Yes! every smackdown of a reichwing bully counts, and that Yes! the long national nightmare of Team Bush will end and All that President's Men's political careers could wind up on the chopping block (Lorena Bobbit-style preferably):

From Joel Achenbach's road trip:
...not good to take eyes off the road, but if something bad happens, need to be listening to Neil Young...Neil won't let me down),

Truer words were never typed.

Can't wait for Prairie Wind. Coming September 20, 2005.

2 Comments:

At 3:04 PM, Blogger Jami said...

y'know, i think i had a moment in the passenger seat on a road trip through eastern washington, "heart of gold" on high, when i hoped i'd be listening to such good music when i go.

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Capitola said...

Hi Jami--

:-)

If ya gotta go, go with Neil!

In Him we Rust.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home