Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Devestation Overload

So last night I was watching CNN's Aaron Brown interview a reporter we've all seen a million times but his name escapes me now, at the Pentagon, and Aaron asked the reporter about the MIA national guards -- why aren't they performing disaster relief, brining order to the city, etc., where ARE THEY? And this reporter actually said, "Well, you know, they're on their way, there isn't really much they can do at this point, they can't just, you know, go in to New Orleans and Mississippi, it's not like those places are foreign countries."

I kid you not.

I went to CNN.com to look for the transcript but didn't find it, cuz I got hung up on these headlines:

Mississippi expects heavy death toll
'It's like being in a Third World country'
Biloxi: We swam among floating cars
Mayor blasts failure to patch levees
Tensions rising in New Orleans
States struggle with destruction
Bush may visit hurricane sites
Hospitals founder in Katrina flood

The AP is now reporting that the Pentagon is mobilizing "possibly an unprecedented rescue-and-relief mission for areas devastated by Hurricane Katrina."

Better late than never... Why does Donald Rumsfeld hate America?

4 Comments:

At 6:18 PM, Blogger Bob Sakowski said...

Katrina was a great disaster, indeed, even worse than Camille in 1969 but PrezNitwit and his band of incompetent neofascistas are without a doubt, the greatest catastrophe to befall America.

EVER!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Tom Naka said...

I've stumbled across your blog when I done some beauty fitness health club gyms
research in Google. You're doing a pretty nice job
here, keep up the good work! check out beauty fitness health club gyms

 
At 4:12 AM, Blogger nope said...

Hi,

I'm sorry for being intrusive in to your blog. But I am Melissa and I am a mother of two that is just trying to get out of an incredible financial debt. See my hubby is away in Iraq trying to protect this great country that we live in, and I am at home with our two kids telling bill collectors please be patiant. When my husband returns from war we will beable to catch up on our payments. We have already had are 2001 Ford repossessed from the bank, and are now down to a 83 buick that is rusted from front to back and the heater don't work, and tire tax is due in November.

I'm not asking for your pitty because we got our ownselfs into this mess but we would love you and thank you in our prayers if you would just keep this link on your blog for others to view.

God Bless You.

Melissa K. W.
To see my family view this page. My Family

Full Software Download - Get full access to thousands of applications!

Restore, Fix & Clean Up Your Registry Files and Errors in Windows. Does your PC crash, is your system running slow or are you receiving regular error messages? This program will scan your system registry and hard drive for invalid file and system references for free. These invalid references cause system instability, PC errors, constant crashes, and general system slowdowns.

XoftSpy - The Latest in Anti-Spyware & Adware Technology

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Support for ITE-cigarette whit nicotine

I will often visit your blog:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home