Friday, July 08, 2005

Return Of The Chinless Wonder

From today's Gaggle:


Q Was there any discussion of Iraq in the context of what happened yesterday, as far as you know?

MR. McCLELLAN: I'm sorry?

Q Was there any discussion of Iraq, in the context of events?

MR. McCLELLAN: Not that I'm aware of. Obviously, Iraq was part of the discussions at the G8 summit.
Um, Scottie, about that disconnect from reality.... The "Nothing to see here, move along" meme is really, really, REALLY getting old.

But back to the Chinless Wonder:


Q What's Ed Gillespie's job going to be, exactly?

MR. McCLELLAN: You all called this back in, I assume, and I wanted to get that to you before we took off, but let me just kind of walk back through that, so we have it on the transcript for everybody.

The President has named Ed coordinator of the confirmation process for the White House. So he will be coordinating the White House efforts on behalf of the nominee throughout the confirmation process. He will be working out of the White House; he will have an office in the West Wing. He's not going to receive any compensation.
Awww, Ed's going to help Mr. Preznit out of the goodness of his black heart. No compensation.

None? Zip? Zilch? Nada? Sorry, but I don't fucking believe Ed 'I Have No Chin' Gillespie is working in the White House, with an office in the West Wing! for free. He might not be drawing a paycheck, but there's definitely some kinda payola happening, among other perks to be sure.

Memo to Think Progress: It's now Day Seven. No Rove. None of the time.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger carla said...

I found your blog via a hit we got from you over at Preemptive Karma (thanks).

This blog is great. I've added you to my "The Good Woman Karma" blogroll.

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Capitola said...

Thanks, Carla!

I appreciate your thoughtfulness.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home