Thursday, June 09, 2005

Dear Senator Kerry

About that Downing Street Memo....today is Thursday. I'm waiting, and not very patiently. Remember when you said this:

"When I go back [to Washington] on Monday, I am going to raise the issue," Kerry told Massachusetts' Standard Times newspaper last week. "I think it's a stunning, unbelievably simple and understandable statement of the truth and a profoundly important document that raises stunning issues here at home.”

I believed you when you said you would stand up against Team Bush.

I belived you when you took my money and promised to run a winning campaign.

I believed you when you said you would count every vote.

Please, for fuck's sake, do one thing -- one fucking thing -- you say you're going to do!

4 Comments:

At 1:11 PM, Blogger tas said...

Fuck Kerry. Everything with this asshole is too little, too late -- if he even fucking does it at all. Maybe we should have listened to the right (only going by the "clock is right twice a day" principle, I assure you) when they said Kerry waffled, because god fucking damnit... Can this guy take a permanent stand on anything?

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Capitola said...

I hear ya, tas. I feel like the proverbial abused spouse who continues to take the abuse, thinking "he'll do right by me in the morning" or whatever rationalizations abused people use to continue taking abuse.

Fuck!

I keep hoping Kerry will step up. But. He. Never. Fucking. Does.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger Poor_Statue said...

I knew I should've been reading the newspaper my mom sends me.

I need to find that Standard Times article though I can't figure out why Kerry was talking to a Standard Times reporter.

Anyway, thanks for keeping up with the heavy stuff while I take a mental break.

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger BobsAdvice said...

Each of us have leaders who may disappoint.

We live in terrible times and the last thing in the world we need to do is tear down our leaders.

John Kerry isn't perfect.

He did lousy at Yale.

He didn't always say the right things on the campaign trail or hire the right campaign managers.

But please don't tear him down.

There are truly evil and rotten people in the world who tear down America. You know their names.

John Kerry may be the candidate in 2008.

He doesn't need you ragging on him now. His crimes are crimes of disappointment. They are not crimes against humanity.

The stakes are just too high this time. Close ranks. O.K.?

Bob

 

Post a Comment

<< Home