Friday, April 29, 2005

Preznit PrimeTime

This is how it goes with Bush for the whole hour, actually: As far as he's concerned, everyone needs to start moving to implement his plan of action for America. The Senate has to pass the energy bill. The Saudis need to pump more oil. Congress has got to take up the Social Security plan. Democrats need to allow an up-or-down vote on his judicial nominees. Kim Jong Il must agree to join the six-party talks. The Iranians have to abide by their commitments. The "hard-nosed killers" in Iraq need to realize their days are numbered. If everyone just quit whining and did what Bush said, everything would come up roses.

-- Farhad Manjoo


I sat. I watched. I listened. I drank. I winced. I paced. I howled. I screamed. I cringed. I scoffed. I wondered. How did everything get so fucked up in this country?

2 Comments:

At 1:54 AM, Blogger tas said...

You did all that during his half-hearted jerkoff to the nation? I almost fell asleep. The guy is a fucking bore.

Whatever happened to the time when President's called a press conference when there was an emergency to address the nation about? I mean, what was the point of this press conference? Seriously. Support my Social Security plan, puh-leezzzeeee? Please. Don't come back unless you have some urgent to express, Mr. Monkey.

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Drunken Proletariat said...

DAMMIT!! Bush gave a press conference and I missed it! Seriously-after last years' press conference I vowed to tape the next one, he has to be seen to be believed. I have never seen such a dismal performance by any politician of any stripe-EVER! He had nothing to say and could not answer the simplest of questions. He just couldn't! I thought Ronald Reagan was bad, and he was, but Bush has to top the all time list of unfathomable buffoons to occupy a top office. Even Hitler was more statesman-like and gathered more respect, (at first, anyways). Speaking of Hitler, I saw the flick "Downfall" a few weeks ago. Germans are very good at making war, but not so hot at making movies about war. Still... it had some good historical value, and should be seen for that reason alone.
But I digress; The point that I'm making is that Bush is not even as good a leader or as charismatic as Herr Hitler, and how fucking sad, how pathetic is that?
Unbelievable.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home