Saturday, March 05, 2005

Is It Just Me?

Or did last night's episode of Real Time with Bill Maher really really really suck?! Sweet baby Jesus in an itchy manger was it ever painful for me to watch. That opening, with the brother of a 9/11 victim pitted against Prof. Churchill, the latter pressured to apologize for his recently made Eichman(sp) comments interspersed with looooooooooooong seconds of dead air was like watching Oprah only without its billionair star or the tears, or Jerry Springer without the false sincerity and fist-fights. SHIT.

Moving on to the panel....Janet Reno (poor dear not looking so well), that has-been comedian Foley whatshisname, and a woman head "Dr." who didn't know her ass from shinola, the topics included the ten commandments ruling *yawn* and then 'to spank or not to spank kids', with a Whoopie visit via telepromter who looked like she was thinking, "Gosh, Bill's show's really tanking, what the hell am *I* doing here?"

B-O-R-I-N-G.

That's 45 minutes I'll never get back. And yeah, I know, the show's an hour long. 45's all I could stand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home