Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Ignorance Is Bliss

Really, it is. I kid you not. I've been back in reality for 24 hours now and I gotta tell ya, after years of hearing what-I-don't-know-can't-hurt-me and scoffing in return, a coupla weeks away from teevee "news" and the internets showed me the light.

I finally know how the other half lives. You know the other half. The people who voted Bush back into office. The ding-ding no one's home people.

In trains, planes, and automobiles, current events aren't discussed by these people. War? Where's the damn waitress with their coffee already. Bush's attack on social security? Check, please!

"Normal" people, as they refer to themselves, don't discuss the war, or the dying, or the attack on social security, or gays, or lesbians, or marriage -- gay or otherwise, or abortion, or red states, or blue states, or cock-sucking mother-fucking values. Normal People just want their MTV. Normal People aren't political and geopolitical junkies, like you and me Dear Reader, we're Informed People, and they don't have a clue that the world is spinning under their feet. Normal People are perfectly happy leaving the worrying to the Informed People. Normal People are dead float, thankyouverymuch.



Now that I'm back from the land of la la, I can better understand these Normal People. I understand why Bush is still in office, and yes Virgina, it's sad but true, there are millions of dumb, lazy, Normal People shuffling through life and who are really really really out of the reality loop and are happy to be there. I just wish they didn't vote.


2 Comments:

At 2:08 PM, Blogger Poor_Statue said...

Yay! Glad you're back.

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger Capitola said...

You are *so* nice! I saw your shout out below and it made my day :-) Nice to 'see' you too, Poor Statute.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home