Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Back In The CyberSaddle

So I'm surfin' the Net, reading my favorite blogs [see sidebar], catchin' up on the fucked-up situations spanning the globe and I'm struck by how, after being away from all news for days and days, with the exception of the Tsunami being blown into the mix, everything's pretty much the same fuckedupwise.

John Kerry isn't President-elect Kerry ... yet? Gonzales is going to be confirmed and *cough* promises no more torture even as new torture allegations arise. The Preznit wants us taxpayers to suck his cock, er, I mean pay for his $40 million coronation, er, I mean inauguration because the Normal People really really really need the *ahem* balls, parties, and parades in tragic times. All this death -- war, killer waves, disease -- it's so droll. What would a Bush supporter do without grand displays of American gluttony? All I can say is Thank Dog not all activist organizations are run by idiots. The light on the horizon? Soon Ashlee Simpson will be a has been. Let the snark fly~
Oh, my. I've been to karaoke Tuesday at Big Jim's Trucketeria, friends, and I've never seen anything like this. Sweetheart, pick a key. Learn a move or two. Try lip-syncing. Oh, wait, never mind that last one. It was a staggering display of incompetence matched only by the Oklahoma secondary. I can't remember ever seeing a performer so devoid of singing ability, stage presence, looks or anything else anyone not related would want to see twice.

When Simpson's song mercifully ended, the crowd united in booing. Sooners and Trojans, fat cats and cheap seaters, locals and tourists, 77,912 strong, they found one thing all night they could agree on: Boo!

Best analogy for Bush social security 'reform' in light of today's news that Krispy Kreme deep fried its books:
So what would be left for Grandma and Grandpa to live on if they'd ponied up their retirement fund for a big box of Krispy Kreme shares? Here's a hint: It's in the center of the doughnut.

Word.

2 Comments:

At 5:20 PM, Blogger tas said...

I've just been rundown and burnt out by how depressing the news is lately, to the point where I'm having trouble even keeping interest. I can't read or comprehend articles in the New York Times or Washington Post for various reasons. I know whatever the Bush administration proposes, the Democrats won't have the resolve to fight it. I know the news isn't going to tell me the truth without spin and framing from the White House. I know that reading it will just leave me more confused because the articles are not going to educate me about the issues. and, lately, I just think the only headline we should see in the media for the next couple of years is "BEND OVER". We're all doomed. Sigh...

 
At 6:03 AM, Blogger Poor_Statue said...

I've taken a break from reading the NYT and WP which explains the slim pickins over at my blog. While not officially on vacation from blogging, I've been spending more of my time on the adoption boards I used to frequent. I'm also tired of the media spin, but I'm more tired of hearing my liberal friends and family spouting media talking points. It's frustrating.

Anyway, you're right CB, you didn't miss much.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home