Wednesday, September 01, 2004

The FUCK YOU Movement

Dear Readers to this blog know how much YT enjoys profanity, especially when addressing anything Team Bush or the Freaks! who support them, so it is with great honor that I share with you, via The Liquid List, SuperLefty and The FUCK YOU Movement:


To My Enemies Posted by Hello

Even if you had not just spent a week on a remote farm in Peru with no access to media, then stayed up all night, then travelled for twenty hours zonked on Xanax and arrived in New York at two a.m. unable to sleep until the following night, you might find the Republican National Convention totally surreal. It's like, what if New York was a police state overrun by even more fat white tourists with stupid hair and name tags, and walking around the city suddenly became as hard as driving in it? It's like, what if you lived in a bizzarre kind of Alice-In-Wonderland double-speak world where you can exercise your right to free speech, as long as you do it in a tiny cage conveniently located where none of the people you're speaking to can see or hear you?

Most New Yorkers in the right minds have fled, but SuperLefty is proud to be back in New York in the most unenviable dog days of late August/early September, at the most unenviable moment of the Invasion of the Moron Puppeteers of Evil, to defend her beloved city from these demented, fascist interlopers. She is braving not only demented fascists and their fashion faux pas, but the revolting canyons of midtown, in order to do her part to speak truth to power.

The truth we speak is simple. To the delegates and fundraisers of the Republican National Convention, we say: "FUCK YOU."

No, really. For two days Rebecca and I have been showing up at various convention events and prowling the streets outside Madison Square Garden, sneaking past the barricades to unroll a giant FUCK YOU sign in the faces of Republicans. We are the FUCK YOU movement.

The FUCK YOU movement is simple. There are no meetings, no mass emails, no websites, no t-shirts. There are no permits, no chants, no tactics. We have a big, rolled-up sign. We avoid the little animal pens they've set up for the protestors and sashay right down gauntlets of Republicans lining up for fundraising dinners at Tavern on the Green, a giant FUCK YOU with legs. We also each have two little paddles we picked up from someone giving out free promotional CNN materials. (Strangely, this person is not asked by the police to "move along" from their spot on the sidewalk. Apparently only people with signs that say acutal things, instead of the name of television stations, are hazardously blocking the sidewalk.) On blank side of these paddles, we have each written "FUCK" and "YOU."

(Rebecca has helpfully marked which one is "right" and "left" so we don't mix them up and accidentally flash a "YOU FUCK," though I think this still works--as a noun, not a verb. Republicans are such total fucks. But I prefer not to think that they fuck. This would mean that they procreate, and this will mean that there will be more Republicans, and then I will have to procreate and go through pregnancy and childbirth just so I can raise anarchists to balance them out. I am still debating whether I am an anarchist (I think I am, I HATE INSTITUTIONS MORE THAN ANYTHING), but I am sure my children would be. I am incapable of imposing order.)

[snip]

Many of the demented fascists appear to have a sense of humor, and gleefully photograph us, a souvenir of their political moment in craaaazy New York City. Only one guy actually said, "Fuck you, too, ladies." There is a lot of sneering, a lot of uneasy chuckling, a fair amount of nose wrinkling and speeding up of steps. Nobody likes to be followed down the street by a sign that says FUCK YOU. But the best part is the bewildered expression that crosses their faces before they decide on their (usually lame) comebacks. Chanting, inscensed liberals safely barricaded across the street they were expecting, and can ignore. A "FUCK YOU" right in their face is a delicious surprise to deliver. It actually affects them in an unpleasant way. It gets to them. After all these years of them getting to me, and getting to me, and getting to me, I am finally getting to them!

All this time, I have been wanting to get up in the face of these motherfuckers and say FUCK YOU, but they are usually on T.V., or in Washington, or in parts of the country not accessible by New York City mass transit. I am so glad they all came to New York City and gave me this amazing opportunity. I estimate that I have said FUCK YOU to hundreds of Republicans from all over the United States. I was recently in a foreign country, and I met some amazing people there. It made me think about how you should say what you really feel to people you might never see again. It's nice to be able to implement that right here at home. Thank you, Republicans, for coming to New York and vilely explointing tragedies that have occured here, tragedies I witnessed with my own eyes that will haunt me forever. Thank you for giving me this opportunity to personally say FUCK YOU to many of you, right to your multitude of smug, doughy, rich, white, ignorant, racist, cigar-smoking, lipstick-feathered faces.

[snip]

But you can't pen up the FUCK YOU movement. You can't disperse it. It's too swift and too strong. The FUCK YOU movement doesn't get in the pen. It walks down the street, blending in, waiting for the right moment to give each and every Republican his or her own personal dose of the movement's message:

FUCK YOU.

YT's good friend, DaveL, lives in Brooklyn, NY. He called from the protest on Sunday, describing the sea of people, the coffins, the fanciful signs, the unity of the protesters. Woulda loved to have been there, buddy. YT sends a shout out to the patriots, like DaveL and Emily and Rebecca and the half million other Americans takin' it to the streets, and puttin' it in Repugnant faces.

2 Comments:

At 7:40 PM, Blogger Drunken Proletariat said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Dan said...

I also enjoy the Fuck You Movement. Check out my blog...

www.fuckyourepublicans.com/blog

www.fuckyourepublicans.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home