Tuesday, September 07, 2004

1001 KIA

To the families of the fallen:

I'm sorry our President failed you.

I'm sorry our Congress failed you.

I'm sorry our Senate failed you.

I'm sorry our media failed you.

I'm sorry you're burying your loved ones while Republican chickenhawks wear band-aids emblazoned with little purple hearts to mock the service of heroes.

I'm sorry you're saying a final goodbye to your loved ones while Rumsfeld plays down the impact of this horrible milestone as nothing special.

I'm sorry I failed you. Two arrests and a handful of protest marches weren't enough to save your loved one's life. For that, I am deeply, profoundly sorry. I could've done more. I will do more. We, the People, will do more.

We must. We. Must.

1 Comments:

At 6:20 PM, Blogger Poor_Statue said...

I second that.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home