Thursday, July 01, 2004

Who's the boss?

About that Iraqi sovereignty.... Salon's War Room highlights a Guardian article about who's in charge in Iraq. Iraqi policeman or US troops? The point of contention, ironically enough: prisoner abuse.

Money Quote:
" … One of the prisoners bared his back after his initial arrest to reveal open welts allegedly caused by baton and rubber hoses. A bodyguard for the head of criminal intelligence, Hussein Kamal, admitted that the beatings had taken place. Nashwan Ali - who said his nickname was Big Man - said: 'A US MP asked me this morning what police division I was in. I said I was in criminal intelligence. The American asked me why we had beaten the prisoners. I said we beat the prisoners because they are all bad people. But I told him we didn't strip them naked, photograph them or fuck them like you did.'"


What he said.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home