Thursday, July 15, 2004

Fun With Bill O'Lielly

It's a dirty job, but someone's gotta do it. Good thing Sweet Jesus, I hate Bill O'Reilly is on the headcase.

Unfair and Imbalanced Posted by Hello

July 14, 2004 - O'Reilly's Power Influences International Travel and the Stock Market

Well, Bill was touting the power of his French Boycott. As proof he states: "Travel to France is not what it was pre-9/11." Really Bill? Wow, that's a pretty powerful boycott you got goin' on.

Think how happy our allies must be in the United Kingdom. God, travel there must be fucking sky-rocketing since 9/11. Oh, wait, travel to the U.K. is down too, you fucking moron.


I caught that bit from the megalomaniac spinerator last night while channel surfing, and thought, what the fuck is he, crazy? SJIHBOR agrees: Bill's a 'Fucking psycho'.

2 Comments:

At 5:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One of these days, I will try and watch this O'Reilly guy. Forgive me, but the truth is, I don't even watch American News. I don't watch CNN. I've never seen a Fox news bit. Twenty years ago I used to watch the Mclaughlin Group (pardon spelling). Actually, I used to be a "conservative". I voted that way. It's common in these here parts. But I've also been a reader, and I was never afraid to read another point of view. But it was Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, and our own illustrious Brian Mulroney, however, that began to turn things around for me. As a recovering conservative, I know it's possible to change a mind, but I do believe this truly, that no mind can be changed by hatred and contempt for another's point of view. It's very easy to do, but is counterproductive because ultimately what you are trying to achieve is to pry open closed minds. What I see happening in politics is a descent into intellectual barbarism, with vile hatred openly expressed on all sides. What can this accomplish? Where can this lead? It can be emotionally satisfying, for a while... but remember what a downward spiral this could become... Nazi Germany

 
At 8:29 AM, Blogger Capitola said...

I hear what you're sayin', Annon, about not being able to open closed minds. In context, I probably fit into that category -- I'll never believe a word Bush sez. Similarly, Shrill O'Lielly definitely falls into the closed-mind category -- for the 'dark side'.

You're not missing much if you've never seen the Factor. Just a bunch of right-wing propaganda. He's a bully and a liar, and when someone takes him to task for such behavior, I like it.

Unfortunetly, millions of Americans do watch his show and come away thinking that Bill's lies are Gospel. No one in their right mind would believe that that bloviator could instigate a French boycott! Please.

Thanks for your insight. Are you in Canada? Are you pleased with the recent results of your own powers that be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home