Wednesday, July 14, 2004

File: Ignorant Blowhard

Pinko Commie Biznitch News Network had a run in with an ignorant blowhard and lived to tell about it:
As many of you know, I work at a large BookStore chain as my second paying-off-college-loans job. Located in a rather liberal part of Houston, it's usually a pretty safe place for a pinko commie like me, but sometimes, no.

When the Clinton book first came out, I got my share of grumbles and a few "that book is actually SELLING?!?!" exclamations. My favorite was this little gem: Huh. Huh. How come that book isn't in the fiction section? Huh. Huh.

*eye roll*

The other day, however, I had a wee run in with a man who should really learn to keep his big mouth shut. The book is still at the front of the store because it's currently the #1 non-fiction book and it is SELLING, which, you would think Republican freakos would appreciate, the pursuit of the mighty dollar, yes? Oh, but no. This gentleman was so very concerned with my poor feminine self.

I don't understand how you as a woman can walk by that book and not be appalled! Haven't you had complaints?!?!

Awww. Isn't that sweet? He cares about me as a woman and wants to make sure that I am not being offended. *snerk* I calmly explained to him that the cash register at BookStore was not the place to have a political discussion and then I told him to fork over the money and get the Cheney out of my face. Okay, maybe not that last part. I mean, COME ON! If you really gave a fuck about the rights of women, you wouldn't be running around bashing a guy who isn't even in office anymore. How about dealing with the misogynistic bastards currently in office? Don't use me as an excuse to bash a president you don't like, you ignorant blowhard.

Of course, we have our share of people who come in and complain that we have hidden all the conservative books in the back of the store where all the political science books are located as some sort of conspiracy. Again, moron, the liberal books are new and selling better, so they go to the front of the store. All hail the mighty dollar, yo! Don't you have to have that tattooed on your ass to be a Republican? Jeesh.

Blonde nod to Tbogg.

1 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What the fuck's a Republican doing in a bookstore anyway? After a full morning of pointing at the pictures in the Denny's menu, you'd think this guy would be too tired to go looking for coloring books at Barnes & Noble. He probably thinks the blank coloring books are just fine as they are, anyhow, since everyone in them is white.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home