Monday, June 07, 2004

Who are Ewe?

At the WBBS's politics forum, a question was raised about Partisanship. How palpable is it in today's political climate?

Very. I wrote:

Frankly, I’m aghast that Bush has the support of roughly half the US. Who are these people I wonder. Who are these Americans who believe Bush is doing their God's work in bombing Iraq? Who are these Americans who equate dissent with treason? Who are these Americans who do not question authority even as their nation's children die on foreign soil? Who are these Americans who scream that failure to support the president is un-American? Who are these Americans who are pro-life and pro-war?


Bush Supporters Posted by Hello


I don’t know who they are, but I know where they are not. Those Americans are not in my neighborhood. They’re not in San Francisco or New York or other progressive cities. We -- the other half of Americans -- loathe George W. Bush -- the man and his policies. We are appalled by the war in Iraq, are unsurprised by lies and untruths used to justify that war and we are sickened to have a “leader” who regularly invokes the will of the Almighty to justify the killing of thousands of innocent human beings. We are disdainful of Bush's stumbling locution, his overt loyalty to the rich at the crushing of the poor, and we lay awake at night with cold sweats at the frightening possibility that the country may just face four more years with this Liar-in-Thief.

Hopefully, We shall overcome, 2004 November.

4 Comments:

At 10:29 AM, Blogger Drunken Proletariat said...

Try going into sites like "Right Wing News". It will give you a bit of insight into what is going on in the tiny, tiny, little minds of the American far-right. I would caution you not to leave your email address to them. You would then be subject to unimaginable torrents of totally vindictive hate and abuse from people who have little else to offer in the way of political "debate"

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Capitola said...

Okay, I've donned my HazMat suit, and I'm goin' in.

Don't leave email. Check
They've tiny, tiny minds. Use monosyllabic words. Check
Look out for torrents of vindictive hate. Check

If I'm not back by nightfall, alert someone :-)

 
At 3:20 PM, Blogger Capitola said...

I went. I read. I need a hot shower.

Thems a nutty bunch @ RWN!

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Drunken Proletariat said...

RE: RNW I trust that you were as surprised as I to find out that we puke-gutted, asshole-sucking,limp-wristed, Bush-hating,pinko,Saddam-loving,femi-nazi,cowardly,tree-hugging, nigger-loving, commie Jew-fag Liberals have nothing to offer but name calling.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home