Friday, June 25, 2004

Spirit of Cooperation

All two of YT's readers know I've nothing against cursing. Shit, I fucking cuss all the time. So when fucking Dick Cheney fucking does it, I think it's fucking great. What pisses me off, however, is his fucking hipocrisy:
Dave Sirota provides a perfect fucking example:
CLAIM:

"Governor Bush and I are also absolutely determined that [we] will restore a tone of civility and decency to the debate in Washington."
- Dick Cheney, 8/4/00

CLAIM:

"I look forward to working with you, Governor, to change the tone in Washington, to restore a spirit of civility and respect and cooperation."
- Dick Cheney, 7/25/00

FACT:

"Typically a break from partisan warfare, this year's Senate class photo turned smiles into snarls as Vice President Dick Cheney reportedly used a profanity toward one senior Democrat, sources said." Cheney "blurted out the 'F word' at Democratic Sen. Patrick Leahy of Vermont during a heated exchange on the Senate floor… The incident occurred on Tuesday in a terse discussion between the two that touched on politics, religion and money, with Cheney finally telling Leahy to 'f--- off' or 'go f--- yourself,' the aides said…Cheney, who is president of the Senate, ripped into Leahy for the Democratic senator's criticism this week of alleged war profiteering in Iraq by Halliburton, the oil services company that Cheney once ran...During their exchange, Leahy noted that Republicans had accused Democrats of being anti-Catholic because they are opposed to some of President Bush's anti-abortion judges, the aides said. That's when Cheney unloaded with the 'F-bomb,' aides said." - CNN, 6/24/04; Reuters, 6/24/04


Shit Piss Cunt Cocksucker Motherfucker Tits
 Posted by Hello

Really, the Veep should show some fucking decency, ya fucking know what I'm sayin'?

2 Comments:

At 6:43 PM, Blogger Drunken Proletariat said...

I do know what you are saying. However, you could have pointed out that slut, twat-gobbler, dickwad, pecker-snot, felcher, splooge, to name a few, are also noteworthy, and deserving of consideration. By the way, I saw "Celcius 488" today. (this is Canada, after all) It was FUCKING INCREDIBLE!!! It was actually better than I thought it would be. Unfortunately, I think this film will make tens of millions of Americans shut their eyes even tighter(if that's possible), and believe even more fervently in the lies with which they are so irrationally defending. I gotta hand it to Micheal Moore. Have you heard that one of those Penn & Teller guys is making a Anti- M.Moore documentary? I guess he's gonna prove that Micheal Moore is "biased" and that his film is "propaganda." I feel that there will not be one single obstacle to that films' production and release...just a feelin'

 
At 11:14 AM, Blogger Capitola said...

Lucky!!! I'm seeing F/911 tonight and can't wait. Was the theater crowded where you saw it? I fear there won't be much new material in the movie as I read upwards of 30 news sources a day (sick, I know!) and have been since Bush stole the WH in 00, but still I can't wait to see all those news stories wrapped up in Michael Moore's grand style. I've read several news stories -- reactions from movie goers -- and what's striking are the repulicans' reactions. While there are the hard-core righties who'll NEVER come back from the dark side, others have been very affected by the movie, enough to cause them to THINK about Bush's failed presidency, some even saying they'll not vote for him this November. Good News!

Say, DP, is it true that Canada is proposing to tighten its borders against Americans who may want to flee into your fine country should the US government begin enforcing the military draft?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home